What to expect when booking an eye exam with Mullers
So, you have made the decision that it’s time for your eye examination. This may be your first ever or you may have not been to a Mullers Optometrists before, either way, you can be rest assured that we will take the utmost care of your vision at the same standards as we have always been for the last 130 years in Cape Town!
Our team of professional and experienced Optometrists provide thorough eye examinations to ensure not only an accurate prescription but a detailed assessment of eye health. The comprehensive eye examination includes:
- Assessment of the lids, lashes and anterior segment
- Internal eye health examination using direct and indirect Ophthalmoscopy or Fundus Photography
- Tonometry (Glaucoma screening)
- Refraction – to determine the spectacle prescription
- Contact lens assessment and advice
- And other tests if necessary such as Corneal Topography, Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT), Visual Fields, Stereopsis, Colour Vision, Low and Binocular Vision checks
- Our Optometrists will determine if there is need for a specialised contact lens fitting, low vision assessment or even a referral to the Ophthalmologist.
What to bring with to your eye examination?
If you are a new patient to Mullers Optometrists then it is a good idea to bring the following with on the day of your eye examination:
- Medical aid card/details
- Current spectacles
- Details of current contact lens prescription
The costs of the eye examination is R495 or R595 including fundus imaging. There may be additional charges for contact lens fittings and other instrument testing but this will be discussed and decided on during the consultation with your consent! We also claim directly from medical aids such as Discovery, LA Health, Medscheme (Parmed, Fedhealth etc), Wooltru, GEMS, Keycare Plus and many more.